Txburnetcty55274.jpg?ixlib=rails 2.1

COVID-19 Updates

Read our Summer 2020 FAQs

April 23, 2020 - A quick update!

Greetings Camper Families!

We hope you are staying safe, sane, and healthy during this continued time of quarantine and disruption to our daily lives and wellness.

We wanted to check in and give you a quick update concerning summer.

We have yet to make a concrete decision given our plans for Summer Camp 2020. All camps are being very cautious and waiting to make any type of decision regarding cancellations, postponements, and alternatives, and we are following suit. May 1st seems to be the magic date when the American Camp Association will release their suggestions and guidelines. Thus, we have not yet announced anything new as it pertains to our plans for this year’s summer camp schedule, and we do not yet know what we will be able to provide this summer. As we have said, we are considering all possible alternatives and scenarios and are doing all we can to ensure the health and safety of our campers and staff. If there is a way that camp, or some iteration of it, can be carried out, we will let you know and confirm the intended details as soon as possible.

Please continue to trust we will communicate with all camp families directly and immediately as soon as concrete plans and/or changes are made regarding our Summer 2020 programs at Camp Balcones Springs.

We hope and pray you and your families continue to stay healthy. We miss you all greatly and are thinking of you out here at camp.

Warmly, Camp Balcones Springs Staff

April 10, 2020 - Potential Alternative Summer Programming

Dear Camp Families,

We hope this email finds you continuing to stay safe, healthy, and sane in this time of crisis. All of us at camp are continuing to isolate on CBS property, and everyone is in good health and spirits.

As we continue to prepare for the summer, we are currently exploring other options for our summer camp program in the case that our traditional camp programming cannot take place. As we have indicated in prior communication, we are still planning to operate summer camp and will inform you by email as soon as decisions are made to do otherwise. However, as we prepare for what could happen, we seek your input for some potential scenarios we are considering in the event that our traditional summer camp schedule cannot take place in 2020.

Pending on the social distancing restrictions and CDC guidelines that could be in place come summer, we have proposed two Family Camp options to offer our families. Again, these will only become a reality if a) our traditional summer camp model must be fully canceled and b) the CDC and local/federal governments relax restrictions and guidelines enough to deem certain events and gatherings “safe.” However, as we explore additional options to build our contingency plans, we seek your input on our ideas for potential offerings if summer camp cannot take place.

Please take a couple of moments to read about our two hypothetical Family Camp offerings and answer a few questions to help us make a decision that will best serve you, our camp families. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Below you will find the survey link.

[04/27/2020 Edit: This survey is now closed.]

Finally, on a different note: we have heard that many of you can’t stop watching the Netflix show Tiger King, which stars a familiarly-named Carole Baskin. We wanted to assure you that, despite Camp Balcones Springs’ history in acquiring a sort of “menagerie” of critters, including donkeys, llamas, and goats, there is NO relation between this Tiger King celebrity and the Camp Balcones Springs’ Baskin Family, and we can guarantee – though it will probably be disappointing to some of our youngsters – that there will be no tigers at camp.

Warmly, Camp Balcones Springs

April 6, 2020 - Financial Questions Should Camp Be Canceled or Abbreviated

Dear Camp Families,

Some of you who have already paid your Summer 2020 tuition fees in full, or partially, have reached out wondering how the refunds and insurance mentioned in our last email will work for you and your payments in the event that camp is canceled or abbreviated. We want to assure you that, regardless of when your tuition was or is paid, if your camp session is canceled, all camp families will receive a full refund of tuition costs, except for the non-refundable deposit. The deposit will be rolled over to the following summer’s deposit and will be available for families to apply to camp for the next two summers (2021 and 2022).

We are of course hoping camp can safely happen, but as we’ve said, with the situation changing daily and even hourly, it is hard to discern at this point exactly what will be best for everyone’s health and safety.

We hope everyone is staying safe and obeying the rules and guidelines set forth so we can keep everyone healthy and return to normalcy sooner rather than later.

Warmly, Camp Balcones Springs