StaffApply for Summer 2023!
This Is The Summer Job for You!
We are looking for enthusiastic, fun-loving, and caring counselors to lead our campers. We’re looking for YOU! In everyday situations, counselors model integrity by helping, encouraging, and inspiring campers to grow in character.
CBS is one of the few summer jobs where you can help shape a child’s life - mentoring them and participating in their lives in a meaningful way. You will live in the cabin with the kids, start your day with them, eat meals with them, lead and participate in their activities, play games with them — it’s a full day!
This summer, you can expect to work hard, play harder, build friendships that will last a lifetime, and want to come back to do it all again!
The right men and women for the job.
Each summer, we welcome counselors from over 25 college campuses who are passionate about spending their summers with at camp, working with our campers, and serving as positive role models.
How To Become a Camp Counselor
- Submit your application!
- Interview with a member of full-time staff
- Interview again
- Submit three references
- Complete a background check
We Invest In You
After you are hired, the next thing is Staff Training. You must give 100%, right from the start, to be a great counselor! We know it’s going to be a challenge at times so we work hard to support you. Training is the first way we do that — preparing you for the summer. Here are a few topics that we will cover:
- Christian Commitment
- Emergency Action Plans
- Identifying & Preventing Sexual Harassment
- Rainy Day Games & Programming
- How to be a Great Coach
- Staff Expectations
- Evening Programs
- Tricks of the Trade
- How to Ask for Help
- Pranks & Raids
- Being a Leader
- Missing Home
- Parent Communication
- Camper Interaction
- Basic First-Aid & Safety
- Crisis Management
- Free place to stay this summer (no rent!)
- Delicious meals 3 times a day, plus a daily snack! (way better than campus food!)
- Meet friends you will have for a lifetime
- Learn valuable skills for leadership and management
- Live in a warm, nurturing environment
- Add an impressive job to your resume (we’ll show you how!)
At the end of the summer, you will leave with the knowledge that you have done something worthwhile – not only for yourself, but for others.